Right now we are hiring for part time sales associates/buyers.
Our applications are available in store only. Please stop by between
9:00am and 7:00pm Monday - Saturday to pick one up!
Must be able to work various shifts per week and be available week nights and weekends.
Once Upon a Child offers customers a fun and convenient way to buy and sell gently used kids stuff, which makes saving money on children's clothes, toys, baby furniture and equipment a reality every day. We focus on quality, safety, and value the same things you feel important for your own families.
Once Upon a Child in Anchorage is looking for outgoing and motivated individuals who love kids and enjoy working in a stable, team oriented environment. The right candidate will be a leader looking for a long-term opportunity and who is available to work nights and weekends. Responsibilities will include ringing sales, processing returns, answering phones, assisting customers, tagging, communicating the buy process to our customers, and any other tasks associated with a sales associate position. This is an entry level position.
Position will help promote all aspects of the business including but not limited to buying, selling, pricing, and merchandising. Provides a high level of customer service by ensuring customers are assisted in an enthusiastic, timely, and knowledgeable manner. Additional responsibilities include assisting store management in daily store operations, including the buying of used merchandise. Prior customer service experience preferred in similar product lines, but willing to train the right candidate.
The right candidate must meet the following criteria:
1) Great customer service and communication skills
2) Ability to work independently & as a team member
3) Ability to handle customers with sensitivity
4) Ability to work at a fast pace with accuracy
5) Must have flexibility with work schedules; holidays and weekends are a must 6) Sales and goal-driven.
1) Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
2) Lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance.
3) Bending, rotating, and reaching conducive to a retail environment and to receiving, pricing and stocking merchandise.
4) Able to operate a computerized sales terminal.